Monday 17 June 2013

Christmas Card Club - the catch up version

Margaret at Dutchess chose the theme Father Christmas for our last challenge at Christmas Card Club. I finally have my card ready, sorry about that Margaret. Sometimes it seems, life just gets in the way!

This was another fun card to do. I tend to make my fancy/schmancy cards earlier in the year. Once the good weather comes, the garden beckons, the lake calls and I seem to run out of hours in the day! Simpler cards seem to fit the ticket at this time of year.


I got the "Merry & bright" sentiment when the local scrapbook store moved to a new address. It was part of that same move when I got the "chalkboard card" items.. I am not sure the of the DP used for the sentiment papers as this was another package of snippets for $1.50 or so. I just liked the bright, fun look of it and designed my card around it. This is the last of this paper line in that package, so methinks a visit to the Playground is in order. I visited so late last week that I had to turn the skipping rope the whole time...I was too late to get a turn to jump!
Luckily, the Carta Bella Merry and Bright paper pad seems to match the sentiment DP. I added some K and Co. Santa in his sleigh and a cute little female reindeer...I have named her Rudolphina...those pink horns are just too cute! I toyed with the idea of adding a red diamond to her nose but then decided...that is Rudolph's gig...Rudolphina wears her colour on her horns...she knows where to draw the line!!!

The never ending package of dollar store snowflakes have made an appearance and just a touch of bling has finished it all off.

Recipe
Card and Envelope - from my stash (Michaels Recollections white 5 1/2 'square textured card).
DP Carta Bella Merry and Bright
Diecuts - from my stash (K and Co)
Snowflakes - from my stash (Dollar Store)
Bling -  from my stash. (Dollarama)I managed to polish off the package of red teensy diamonds on this card and the card on the previous post!

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. CHNC Extra - Always Anything Goes but must be Christmas
3. Christmas Card Club - Father Christmas
4. MFP Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas
5. Sister Act - Always Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp - Transport
7. CRAFTChallenge - Christmas
8. CHNC - Frame

21 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely bright, jolly card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for June– as you have used that merry and bright panel that looks like a frame, you could also enter this for my CHNC challenge 129 - I’d love to see it there too x

Anonymous said...

These are a great couple of cards, quick to make and they would be great for the little people in our lives! Are you at the lake yet? Maybe these are scheduled posts!

Hugs
Brenda

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Fabulous card.... Love all the detail....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Jo said...

Fabby Christmas card....bright, happy, cheerful & colourful....a perfect Christmas card! Hope you're well, my friend!
Hugs Jo x

Mary Jo said...

Another adorable Christmas card!

dutchess said...

Wow a girl reindeer with pink antlers that just has to be a first and you gave me such a laugh...bless, love the card and thanks for taking the time to catch up it is so lovely to see everyones cards hugs Margaretxxxxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for also adding for my CHNC challenge 129 - look forward to seeing more of your Christmas loveliness soon. x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous hun! I love it huggles Sue xxx

Carol said...

Love this bright cheery card Maureen. Carol x

Peanut said...

Definitely worth the wait, Maureen. What a cheeky little card! Thanks for sharing.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Di said...

Love this and your other bright and cheery Christmas card Maureen.Great use of snippets and bound to be a hit with small people :)

Hugs, Di xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Mo, so cute and perfect for our challenge.
The sunshine and warmth also tempts me away from my desk & there is always jobs to do in the garden so I know what you mean :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is very cute Mo...I love Santa in his sleigh and the snowflakes are adorable...Hugz, joann

Sarn said...

Very Merry & Bright . . . love it. xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable Christmas card, very cheery!
hugs
Glenda

Mrs A. said...

Lovely bright card and I'm loving her pink horns. Very girly. Hugs Mrs A.

Sheryl said...

A super fun card with a cute image. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

Tracy said...

Another sweet card you have for you Christmas stash :)

brenda said...

I looked to have missed this one Maureen, I'm sure blogger doesn't always show everything on my dashboard.

It really is a beautifully bright and cheerful Christmas card, there is something about the traditional colours which always please.

B x

Cathy said...

Great Christmas snippets cards Mo :) Cathy x

Christine Harrop said...

Sorry Maureen, don't know how I missed this. I love it. The bright colours are great. Christine x