Wednesday 29 February 2012

Another Spring Card

Just wanted to post my Mom's birthday card before I mailed it off.  It is a belated card as her gift is bulky and oddly sized and it took me a while to find the right box to send it up in. I will tuck this card in with her present. It is like the one I posted yesterday, but with softer, more feminine colours.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get the card to photograph without that funny pale cast over the bottom of the nest. I am just rubbish with the camera! Argggh! I can assure you that the nest is does not have a pale cast on it in real life! I think it is because I wiped the nest with a damp cloth to get it to curl and have more dimension like a real nest.  The bottom right curve and top left curve sort of roll forward and I think they are catching the light differently.
I stamped the little bird image inside and just inset a simple scroll Happy Birthday greeting.

 It is a few days until the one year anniversary of my Dad's passing. He would have smiled at this card as he loved nature and all wildlife. I think I had this anniversary in mind when I made those cards as I thought of him and his quiet ways with animals, birds and especially horses. Mom will like that reference to him in the nature theme of the card.

So here's to you Dad...smile down on Mum  and us, when she opens her card.

4 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh the card looks beautiful. Your Mother will love it. This was an anniversary month of my Mom's passing but the first year is the hardest. Blessings to you. Take care.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love it as much as the first 'spring card'. Yes, the first year is the worse but each year will always bring forth a flash of memories and you learn to treasure them. Hugs

AmethystCat said...

beautiful card! I love the bird repeated inside and love all your layered pieces. really pretty!

Lisa said...

Love the color of the bird. The first year always floods back the memories but only the good ones. Hold and treasure those forever.