Monday 30 January 2012

Garrison Crossing

Sometimes my DH likes to go look at open houses on a Sunday afternoon. This morning he asked if I wanted to go out to Chilliwack and look at some new homes. He is thinking that the house we retire into should have the master bedroom on the main floor. There is still lots of time till he retires, but he wants to have an idea of floor plans, neighbourhoods, amenities, prices etc before we are there. I am always happy to go along as it is fun to see the latest decorating ideas!

We drove out the valley and along the way I noticed more SNOW than we deal with and tons of rain creating huge puddle the size of small lakes. There are huge mountain east of Chilliwack so it makes sense that they would have more rain...but I wasn't expecting flooding like that when there was not any water/flood warnings on TV etc.

After touring and ruling out several one and two storey rancher subdivisions, we set off to see what was new at Garrison Crossing.  This is the old army base in Chilliwack and they have redeveloped it into a pretty little community.
It was fun to see the original barracks and houses that were remodeled from top to bottom with totally new floor plans, porches, rooflines etc.  There were homes for every price range.  We would be downsizing a bit, but many seemed just too small. We quite liked one house (well most of it), but were struck with the reality of just how far we would be from friends and family.

We set off home, happy to realize that those friends and family meant more to us than the $200,000. we would add to our retirement fund if we moved out there! All in all, it was a nice outing.

I have another card to share. Not sure yet who it will be for...if not one of my friends maybe one of my daughters friends. It is amazing how often my cards get flipped through and culled by those girls! teehee

 I think I used the wrong ink as there is a sort of haze around the cupcakes...or maybe it is from the glue pen that I used before I glittered the heck out of those little morsels! With my diet, this is as close to cupcakes as I am going to get.  I have grown to like the haze...that's my story and I am sticking to it!

 I love to read any comments so would love to hear what you think!


I don't know what that little dark spot is on the bottom of the phrase...I swear it is not there IRL. Here's a close up of the phrase..oh, I figured it out! It's a shadow...Thank Goodness!


10 comments:

Penny said...

I"m with you Family and Friends are PRICELESS! Loved the card! Love Penny

Pam said...

Cute card! I love to look at houses. Sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon.:-)

Danielle said...

Love the colors-and oh my, those cupcakes look so yummy!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet card! I love how you did the frosting! I'm a new follower. :)

Mary Jo said...

I think it is a sweet card!! :)

Sue Althouse said...

Such a cute card, love the stack of cupcakes. I used to be a big fan of open houses, dragging my husband all over the place. But I love my house so much now, I'm content to stay at home and enjoy what I have! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, much appreciated.

linda said...

Very cute card

Tracy said...

I love to visit open houses. I usually take my daughters as my hubby thinks we shouldn't go unless we are planning to buy.

Yes a perfect house for retirement would have the master bedroom and the laundry on the main floor.

Your card is so happy. Love the colours.

Kathy said...

I love looking at homes, too...but just to peek at the newest decorating trends! LOL

Your card is adorable...and I thought the "haze" was shadowing...just a little added dimension to the stack of yummy goodies! :)

Mary said...

There's a lot to be said for a great community!