Tuesday 31 January 2012

A Day At Home

Spent the day at home, cleaning and catching up on laundry. I am one of those anal laundry people.  I seem to have a mountain of items that I prefer to wash alone or with 1 or 2 select other items. I do countless loads of 3 or 4 items. Thank goodness my machine has a sensor that adjusts the water level!

Of course I prefer to think if myself as "The Laundry Queen" rather than the anal, nitpicky, OCD  laundry  lady!

I have one last card (from the card class night) to share with you all. It does not have any glitter, just a tiny touch of bling on the rhinestone brad.  I embossed  the flower with the Big Shot and then sort of shaped the petals with my fingers. This card  was quick and fun to make.  The card base is chocolate brown although it barely shows up in my photo.

 I have not done up the inside yet as I have not decided what to put on the cream cardstock insert. I am thinking it should be a birthday greeting with perhaps a small swirly stamp in each of the bottom corners of the insert...What do you think?

19 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Hey Scrappymol, coming back to you from your question on my blog...to participate in WOYWW, put a photo of your desk on your blog, then go to my blog and fill in the Mr Linky boxes, that will leave your name in the list and it will automatically link back to your blog. To see everyone's desks, click on the names on the list under the WOYWW post. I'm not sure what you mean about buttons on the right and left, but any probs, let me know!!
Love the card you made last night, really classy.

Steph said...

Very pretty card! Love your layered flower.

Izzy Anderson said...

Your card is stunning!

Sue Althouse said...

I think it's lovely just as it is. The white on white and embossing are so classy! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment, much appreciated!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card, and I think that your idea for the inside would be great.

Penny said...

This is a beautiful card! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing on the flower!

Lisa said...

Great card "anal laundry lady" I love the flower!

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

lovely card!

Sprinkle Some Sunshine said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful! I'm following you! (don't be alarmed) :)

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

beautiful card! perfect for any occasion. love your idea for inside..

Kelly said...

That card is gorgeous.
I hate laundry also, easiest of all chores but I will avoid it with all I have :)

Roxy said...

Haha, you are funny, "Laundry Queen"! This is a gorgeous card, I LOVE the flower, all the layers of it and blingy centre, and the embossing everywhere is just FABULOUS!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, it's always fun to meet fellow British Columbians! Hugs, Roxy.

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful card!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! I love all the layers and the white background. It's beautiful!

NC Peach said...

I love all the layers--the embossed border, the flourish, and that flower!! I love the ideas you have for the interior, and with the creamy look of it, this cards can also be used for a wedding! Lovely!

Jim The Handyman said...

This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. I find it very interesting and well thought out and put together. I hope to read your work in the future. Jim The Handyman Provide home cleaning services in Fairfax, VA

Mfg Empire said...

This is genuinely one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. I find it very interesting and well thought out and put together. I hope to read your work in the future. dMfg Empire Provide web design for manufacturing