Tuesday 19 April 2011

Art

Little Miss C and little Mr. P. LOVE art time.  Here are a couple of delightful projects they made for me this week. This first project is Miss C.'s creation. What is it, you say?

Well...............
Look up, look way up, as the Friendly Giant would say.
 Look way up, to the top of the creation...By George, it's an Elephant!
Can you see the head and trunk?  




Not too bad for a 4 year old and a pair of scissors!!! She cut this freehand. I wondered what she was creating as she was working so dilligently.  She knew all along what she was doing  and had great fun creating it. 
Sadly, Mommy and Daddy didn't look closely enough and this lovely treasure was found by Miss C and I when we went to  put some trash in the recycle bin!!! Oh my!!! After a few tears and a bit of glue, this mighty blue elephant was soon right as rain.

Even little Mr. P came running and threw his arms around Miss C. when he realized that she was sad. He listened to her sobbing story of how her elephant was in the bin and suddenly he gasped and said...Oh no! Did they thwow your winosaurous away too?".  A quick recheck of the bin revealed no rinosaurous...Sadly enough, it appears he had joined Great Grandpa in heaven! 

This delightful project may fool you upon first glance. While it may appear to be random brush strokes of colour it turns out to contain a hidden treasure. Little Mr. P came running to tell me he had a present and proudly announced "I love you a little bit now and this fishy for you, Gwamma."
I stammered you love me...and he nodded and whispered "I love you sometimes Gwamma" and threw in a shy little smile!

This was a major breakthrough for me as I posted previously how he had announced that he didn't love me anymore!
So here is his "fishy" in all its glory. This second view below, shows the tail of the fish just right of the center of the picture. It is oviously a salmon just starting to turn colour.  He advised that it was not "wed" yet...not "wed" like the ones he saw last year in the huge spawning run. 

 
The salmon run was superb last year. The river was teaming with fish and they were really splashing in the water to hold their spot.  This "fishy" has been splashing the water too...you can see the big splash and the droplets in the first picture!!!

It always amazes me that their memories are so strong. He is not quite 3 so remembers seeing this fish run last Sept/Oct when he was only 2 1/2.

7 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

don't you just love kids and art projects. i wish i could save all of them but my house would be filled.

thanks so much for stopping by siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com today and taking the time to write such a kind comment. I would be honored if you stopped by again sometime or even signed up to follow, and i would do the same. thanks mary pat

Lisa said...

great projects. Always love the work i get from the kids!

Becky said...

This is adorable! Love the commentary :)

Just Jaime said...

Isn't kid art fun?

A Creative Operation said...

That is just wonderful! I love that stuff. My son, who is now 19 gets soooo embarrassed but I just love all of the stuff I save from when he was little!

Geri said...

What? You mean you couldn't see the elephant? It's clear as rain to me LOL. She did a great job! I can just see it sitting proudly on a scrappy page.
Here's a joke for her . . .
Why did the elephant paint her toenails red?
So she can hide in a strawberry patch!
Have you ever seen an elephant in a strawberry patch?
No? Well then it works quite well doesn't it?
LOL
Thanks for you comment on my graduation card. It was made with the cricut wildcard cart. Yea, I said I was boycotting cricut this weekend, well, that was a big fat lie!

Kim Strother said...

Thanks for the heads up about the photo on my blog! Not sure why it was missing but it seems to be fixed now!